Re: authenticating packages from PPA

Hi all,

Jonathan Rogers wrote:
On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 14:31 -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
On 9/15/07, Jonathan Rogers <jonner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are there any plans to do something about this issue?

That seems strange to me, since one has to manually add a line to
sources.list to use a PPA. Why are people saavy enough to find the PPA
pages, add the apt lines, but not realize they're not using officially
supported packages? I never got the impression that PPAs were anything
other than personal as in the name.

would it make sense to somehow automatically modify the PPA build daemons so that they include a big debconf warning to each binary package that is presented to the user once he installs the package:

This package is not official Ubuntu package. Please contact XXX for the support...

what do you think?

just my .2 cents,
Martin