Re: Massive bug expiration spree

On 9/21/07, Mario Limonciello <superm1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm not too sure I agree with this massive expiration on the bug
> reports.  Just because there was no activity for 60 days doesn't make
> the bug invalid.  Lots of people have very large queues, and won't be
> getting to it for a while.  The bugs still do exist and this is making
> it appear as though they are insignificant or unnecessary.

While as I understand it LP is currently down to fix this and undo
some of the damage this has caused, I think your primary reasoning is
a bit flawed.  Bugs reports are growing much faster than developers
can handle them, really.  Why maintain a huge work queue? Nobody but
you pays close attention to how many things are in your queue, and how
place in a priority queue translates into when it'll be done is a
mystical process at best.

Justin Dugger