Re: Massive bug expiration spree

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 12:04:04PM -0400, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> > If the bug report is good, it should move rapidly to Confirmed. It's not
> > meant to stay in the Incomplete status; other uses of Incomplete are
> > incorrect (and I'll write a doc about this early Monday to clarify).
>
> Am I right in my understanding that Incomplete is being used to indicate
> that some party Needs Information? That isn't right for bug status, but
> I acknowledge that is a valuable status for work. Should we be
> considering a new work status field for states like In Planning, In
> Development, In Review, Needs Information. The latter two imply no work
> can be done until party provides feedback.

Well, the former 3 are substates of In Progress. A generic Needs
Information is orthogonal to what status the bug is in, and that's why
capturing it in a status is a bad idea. Incomplete has very specific
semantics -- it means that there is not enough information to decide
whether this is a bug or not; usually this means we are waiting for the
reporter to provide said information.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125