Re: [translation] Changes in documentation translation templates?

Hi Alexey

On Sep 13, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Alexey Balmashnov wrote:
I was about to go through translation of
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/ubuntu-docs/ +pots/musicvideophotos/ru/+translate?show=all&start=20
when it struck me, that I've translated most of this text already. So,
I came back to https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/ubuntu-docs/ +pots/musicvideophotos/ru/+translate?start=10
and found out an explanation. Some strings were split in parts,
example string #19 (7.04) corresponds to string #21 (7.10) whereas
string #20 corresponds to strings #22 and #23, thus this breaks the
mechanism of the suggestions, which is very handy in such a case.

Probably you should address this issue to the Ubuntu Documentation team. Either their tools are making distinctions between split and unsplit strings when they shouldn't, or they need to change their line-breaking policy.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/