Re: Launchpad bug statuses

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 21:14 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mardi 02 octobre 2007 à 15:04 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis a
> écrit :
> > I've written a piece at
> >
> >     http://news.launchpad.net/general/of-bugs-and-statuses
> >
> > that describes the intended semantics and existing behaviour for
> > Launchpad bugs. I'd love to hear your questions and comments about cases
> > which we don't handle well so we can better improve the way the tool
> > works.
>
> * "New (a.k.a. Nobody Has Looked At Me Yet)"
>
> Bugs are sometime moved from Incomplete to New when the submitter has
> provided the required details but the submitter doesn't confirm the
> issue
>
> * "Incomplete (Reporter, Give Us More Information!)"
>
> The description doesn't mention the case where bugs are sent back to
> New. What should a triager do when the submitter replied but he still
> doesn't know if the bug should be confirmed? Shouldn't launchpad also
> automatically reopen Incomplete bugs when the submitter replies if those
> are going to be autoclosed?

I'm not sure. We want to avoid this situation. It is difficult to judge
progress when a bug moves back and fourth between statues. We will send
out a notification about the impeding expiration to all parties to
encourage a timely followup. Anyone who sends a message/leaves a comment
will implicitly reset the period of inactivity.

We have two intervals to work with, the time of expiration and the time
of the warning. Sending out a warning 14 days before expiration  should
be enough time for some person to send an email, Do we need more time?
Is 60 days not enough time? I believe Ubuntu's policy is 30 days in
Incomplete before it should be moved to Invalid.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/