Re: Launchpad bug statuses

Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 04:50:20PM -0400, Forest Bond wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 09:14:34PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>>> * "Fix Committed (Please Test My Fix)"
>>>
>>> The status is used by the some teams to mark bugs which have been fixed
>>> upstream since it makes easier to review bugs that have a patch to
>>> backport or should be closed when the next version is uploaded
>> Isn't the correct way to handle this to add the upstream project to launchpad
>> and set the bug so that it also affects upstream?  Then you can be explicit
>> about the bug's status upstream.
>>
>> This came up recently here:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/newt/+bug/54555
>
> Well, the issue is that Sebastian would like to be able to look at
> Ubuntu bugs and see which ones have been fixed upstream and which ones
> haven't. But I argue there is already a report that tells him that, in
> the advanced page of the bug search.

That is in case the bug report has an upstream task, but that isn't
always the case.

For example, I usually forward Liferea bugs upstream on IRC, and the
upstream developer directly fixes it in SVN. What I do then is mark the
Ubuntu bug as Fix Committed, with the intention to close it with the
next bug-fix release.

In that case, you can't search for 'Bugs Closed Elsewhere' in the

Cheers,
Emilio