Re: Launchpad bug statuses

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:00:49PM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> For example, I usually forward Liferea bugs upstream on IRC, and the
> upstream developer directly fixes it in SVN. What I do then is mark the
> Ubuntu bug as Fix Committed, with the intention to close it with the
> next bug-fix release.

So this is interesting, because ideally you want some record that the
bug has been forwarded and fixed upstream.

    - First, liferea is registered at https://edge.launchpad.net/liferea
      and indicates using SourceForge to track its bugs. Is that
      correct?

    - Second, is part of the problem that it's a lot of work to report
      the bug in SourceForge, and easier to just ping the person on IRC?

    - Third, a question: why don't you report the bug upstream anyway,
      and update its status manually? Too much work?

    - Fourth, would it help is Launchpad made it really easy for you to
      post the bug to SourceForge, perhaps opening the bug-filing page
      with all your details filled in and just waiting for you to
      submit?

Thanks for bringing this use case up.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125