Re: Launchpad bug statuses

On 10/3/07, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I question whether any bug status will ever be self-explanatory. The
fact that they need to be short means that there will always be some
ambiguity in them, and the best we can do is document, teach and guide
people into doing the right thing.

I have been toying for a long time with the idea that a status dropdown
is actually not the best way to guide people to using statuses properly.
I just haven't summoned up the guts to try and push this through while
getting flamed to death <wink>.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125

Perhaps a series of radio buttons with sentences next to them so that whoever is triaging understands what each button means.  The status they output would be the one or two word statuses that the developers are used to, but the users would be picking the right status to begin with.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169