Re: Launchpad bug statuses

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:31:24PM +1300, Matthew Thomas wrote:
> >Launchpad sure does give you enough rope to ... choose an alternative
> >workflow. Is there nothing that can be done to make the correct
> >workflow more obvious?
>
> One way would be to explain the statuses more inside Launchpad itself.
> For example, Kit Blake's idea of giving each status a tooltip in the
> menu.

That would involve (I think) changing the status dropdown to a set of
radiobuttons, which is similar to what Bugzilla offers, and which gives
end-users better guidance at the expense of some flexibility (unless we
keep the drop-down). It might make it harder to fix mistakes, though --
if you only offer the reasonable options, how do you change a bug that
is marked Fix Committed but which is really Incomplete?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125