Re: Launchpad bug statuses

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 08:25:55PM +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch 03 Oktober 2007 17:47:49 schrieb Christian Robottom Reis:
> > On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:46:11PM +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> > > (1) Package versions in bugs.
> >
> > Captured from the bug reporter, or something else?
>
> In an ideal world, the bug reporter wouldn't need to know (e.g. the way
> reportbug deals this in interaction with debian's bts, but I guess there are
> more technical ways to solve this like usage of browser plugins or
> youtellme ;). As a first step though, capturing from the reporter would
> greatly help.

I have never really believed the reporter would be able to provide very
reliable information. The reportbug path is a promising one but I'm not
sure what its status is in Ubuntu. We've considered before using the
user-agent string in the browser, but that's not ideal and can't really
tell you the version of an arbitrary package, can it?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125