Re: Hardware bug comments

I like this idea

On 10/4/07, Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone.

I've been looking at a bug,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/54294,
and there are alot of comments like this: "Same problem using Feisty
Fawn on Acer TravelMate 636LCi, Nvidia Geforece 2 Go". This
information might be important, but it clutters up the real issue. I'd
recommend moving that information onto it's own thread. You'd maybe
have a link, "Add my hardware profile" or something like that, and a
dialogue where you could check different distros you've had that
problem with on that particular hardware and information about the
hardware. That way, it would probably be easier to uncover tendencies
and patterns regarding different types of hardware, and it would be
easier to follow the bug comments. That information could possibly
also be used for other things, like checking hardware compatibility
before downloading and installing.

Thanks,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

Mackenzie Morgan