Welcome. some problems with Launchpads

Hello, I’m new to this mailing list (and quite new on launchpad.net, despite I tried it several years ago, I did not use it before one of my projects moved its Java translations from MessageBundles format to .po and hosted the .po translation project 2 months ago on Launchpad).

I am noting lots of timeout errors on the LaunchPad server (it’s completely impossible to work past the first 40 messages of the .po bundle file).

Just selecting the list of unreviewed messages from the start also gives always a timeout (there’s one “unreviewed” message in a list of more than 1400).

How can we work more efficiently on large .po files? Are there ways to include filters, or create subpackages?

Is it possible to define a list of important messages, then subdivide it, or does it require splitting the .po project file into several ones?

Is it possible to select the font size or style for online editing (such as custom CSS rules) ?

The Launchpad default style is really to small (and impossible to read in other scripts than Latin).

Such font settings would be twofold:

  • at the project level for the whole project as the project default, and then possible override per language.
  • then per user, default settings for the whole Launchpad hosted projects (possibly overridden by project defaults, unless the user opts out), then per language (possibly overridden by project’s language default) and then tweaking per project (never overridden by project settings)?

Philippe.