LP bug list sorting issue

I noticed recently that when sorted by oldest first on bugs on Launchpad
it does more and causes the list of bugs to differ from a default
unsorted list. I don't know if this should be considered a bug or not so
I am posting here to see what others think.

Selecting 'oldest first' changes the url to include:

field.searchtext=&
orderby=datecreated&
search=Search&
field.status%3Alist=NEW&
field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&
field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&
field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&
field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&
field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&
field.assignee=&
field.bug_reporter=&
field.omit_dupes=on&
field.has_patch=&
field.has_no_package=

It would seem to be logical to only add:

orderby=datecreated

Which does show the same number of bugs.

For OpenOffice as an example when I ran this test it showed 603 bugs
before sorting and 574 after, but 603 when only adding
orderby=datecreated to the url.

Thanks,

Chris Cheney