Re: Translation pending for review

El mié, 07-11-2007 a las 20:49 +0000, Jaap Karssenberg escribió:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I would like to enable translations for my project (zim) but the .pot
> file I uploaded has been pending review for about 10 days. Seems that
> nobody on IRC can help me so I try here.

I'm sorry about this, all Translations teams is travelling for last two
weeks with a lot of meetings and focusing on fixing all timeouts we have
and we are not handling the queue review as often as we should to...

I just approved it and I hope tomorrow we will be able to keep care of
the queue as usual.

> Can anyone tell me what I should do to get this translation reviewed ?
> Translation support is now blocking the release of a new version of my
> project because I want to use the release announcement to get the
> attention of potential translators.

It's done already, it should be imported before you even get this
email ;-)

> Also I was wondering what the reason is that translations need review.
> Since it only happens at the first upload (if I understand correctly) it
> seems to me that there is no real technical reason.

Just to prevent that people start uploading things that they are not
owners of so we prevent causing confusion if people start importing, for
instance, GNOME's modules or KDE ones which are not really using
Launchpad officially.

You can read more about it on
https://help.launchpad.net/TranslationsImportPolicy

Cheers.