PPA kernel upload

Hello, this is my first message on this list. I am willing to upload a patched
kernel (in fact, the patch at Launchpad #48773) to PPA, but i am missing
something. I followed the online quick-start-guide at launchpad and I
successfully uploaded a patched version of a simple package like
gnome-vfs-obexftp, so the procedure for normal packages is correct and i setup
everything fine (gnupg keys, lauchpad beta team etc.).

I followed the same guide to upload a kernel. Here are the steps i did:

- apt-get source linux-image-2.6.22-14-386;

- patched the kernel, updated debian/changelog;

- ran debuild -S -sa and signed with the correct key;

- tried to upload with dput linux-xxxxx_source.changes

Here it is the problem. It first uploads the .dsc file correctly, then it
uploads the orig.tar.gz. It does upload the file, i see lan busy for a while.
After that (lan stops working), it simply timeouts. No messages, nothing shown,
even with dput -d, process is left running and nothing new happens. I waited a
couple of hours (maybe process is slow since kernel source is quite big) but
nothing changed. I don't know what is blocking dput, since it has to upload also
the diff.gz file.

I tried also with debuild -S, but upload was rejected because of the lack of
orig.tar.gz as expected. I had to increase ~ppa1 to ~ppa2 in order to give
another upload (dput complained that ppa1 was already uploaded, even if it was
rejected by launchpad).

Has anybody some hints on how to upload a patched kernel?

Thank you

--
Federico Belvisi