Call for testing new Launchpad Translations code performance

Hi,

As part of this development cycle in Launchpad, we are deploying a
performance improvement in Launchpad Translations that should fix most
of the timeouts that you have been experiencing.

Our current testing is showing a wonderful improvement. However we would
like to ask you for some input on this new performance improvement to be
sure it's as good as it should be.

The procedure to help us test this before we deploy it tomorrow is
simple: every time you get a timeout error while working with
launchpad.net please, visit the same url but adding 'staging' to it. So
for instance, translations.launchpad.net should be changed with
translations.staging.launchpad.net in the URL. Please try to do the same
translation and see whether it keeps giving you a timeout error or,
instead, if it's saved and allows you to keep working with the next
batch. If you get an OOPs error, please, send an email to
rosetta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with its code so we can see whether an easy fix
could be accomplished before deploying this change later this week.

Please note that all changes made in translations.staging.launchpad.net
will not be used at all and will be lost in a couple of days so please,
DO NOT use it as a substitute of launchpad.net.

Thanks for your help.

The Launchpad Translations Team.