Re: Conduit and SynCE launchpad projects

On 11/27/07, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 10:41:55AM -0500, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

> > > Launchpad policy is to encourage any user to register existing projects.
> > > The reason for this is that there are other useful reasons to have a
> > > project registered in Launchpad, even if the project isn't officially
> > > using it (linking bugs, code imports and branch managements are the most
> > > common ones). But when the real project owner comes around and want to
> > > use Launchpad, we usually turn the project over to them.

Very well, I have reassigned Conduit to jc2k. I'm looking at SynCE now;
it was registered by

     https://edge.launchpad.net/~marceloshima

who is an active Ubuntu member, but I'm not sure he wants to maintain
the information. Are you an upstream developer for these projects, or
alternatively, would you like to volunteer to keep the information up to
date?

I'm one of the main developers for Conduit, and am an active upstream dev for synce (to be made a "project admin" i am told).

I see you also inquired about PPAs; note that PPAs are independent of
upstreams, and that you can register your own PPA (or create a team PPA)
and use that without any administrative relationship with the projects.

Thanks, this wasn't clear at first but one of the people I was helping to install SynCE in IRC pointed it out - i was then able to set these packages up:

https://launchpad.net/~synce/+archive

This has proven most useful and i'm going to be setting up synce-devel for development snapshots. I understand this is acceptable use?

> The beta team application usually goes pretty fast, but again, Mattew Revell
> who handles the beta applications is also off-duty this week. I've contacted
> Joey Stanford who will proceed with your application.

PPAs are no longer exclusive to beta members, but let me know if your
request is still pending.

Joey sorted out my request on the same day as my original e-mail, but thanks.

John