Re: PPA's always wanting to upgrade

On Dec 1, 2007 5:13 PM, Mario Limonciello <superm1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>   ipod-convenience

[snip]

> So basically the PPA thinks that it always wants to upgrade the
> package.  Can anyone think of why it would be doing this?

Hi Mario,

This issue is a known bug in the PPA code that generates archive
indexes, see https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/165230.

As the schooltool's zope3 package, you use 'Pre-depends' in your
package and LP doesn't include it in the indexes, once it's installed
apt gets confused by this difference (local metadata and ppa-index
metadata), assumes the package has changed and tries to install it
again.

BTW, isn't 'Pre-Depends: debconf' unnecessary ?

Anyway, If you can safely avoid the use of the following
control-fields in your packages until we get our code fixed,
installations from your PPA will be fine

 * Source::Build-Conflicts
 * Source::Build-Conflicts-Indep
 * Binary::Pre-depends
 * Binary::Recommends
 * Binary::Enhances
 * Binary::Breaks
 * Binary::Essential

See https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/172308 for more
information on this task.

Sorry for this inconvenience, we will be working to get it fixed ASAP.

[]
--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxx>