Re: Import failure messages in Launchpad Translation

Adi Roiban wrote:

Even after la last refactoring in rosetta there are still many timeouts
durring a normal translation session.

That may have been related to a heavy processing job we were running on the server. The page you point to works fine for me now.

I tried to import a po file and after waiting some time the file import
failed.
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/rhythmbox/+imports

I want to know where could I find the reason why this import failed.

The upload failed because of bug 173144:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/173144

There have been some announcements about this on the ubuntu-translators list. In short, Ubuntu translations should not contain translation credits messages. Normally those would be ignored (since Launchpad generates the credits lists automatically anyway) but this bug causes the import to fail without notice.

I made some changes into the original PO file. The romanian PO file
downloaded from launchpad had only 2 plural. forms and in romanian we
have 3 plural forms so I added the third form to all plural strings.

Thank you. Launchpad knows about the 3 plural forms, so it will now see those translations as complete.

Jeroen