Re: PPA feedback / questions

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 22:52 +1100, Sarah Hobbs wrote:

> Pedro Alejandro Lopez-Valencia wrote:
> > * Add universe/blah to the Section(s) in debian/control. (No luck trying
> > with multiverse, but I haven't found a explicit warning about these
> > though, so my vmware-package crossport ended up in main, unsightly even
> > if it didn't work for some reason I have found time to debug).
> >

> This is now unneeded - the components in PPAs were blown away a few
> releases ago, and everything gets put into 'main'.  However, this 'main'
> is not like ubuntu 'main'.  This is somewhat covered in the quick start
> guide, although it does not explicitly say that ppa main != ubuntu main.
>
> Hobbsee

Thats good to known. BTW, would you care to check why I was banned from
#ubuntu+1 (that was the later the same day last time we exchanged in IRC
[I'm vorbote in Freenode])I concede I was sleepy at the time but whoever
did it doesn't deserve oprator status (I won't talk about #ubuntu-es,
that channel is like a personal club if still handled by the pelicano
character.

Cheers

Alejo