Re: Launchpad 1.1.12 released!

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 05:05:39PM -0800, Brian Murray wrote:

> > > I spent bit of time trying to find this report but didn't have any luck.
> > > Where exactly is it?  It might also be useful to add how to find it at
> > > the BugExpiry page.
> > >

> > You can find the report by visiting
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/<yourproject>/+expirable-bugs
>
> My project, Ubuntu, indicates that it "has not enabled bug expiration"
> and no bugs show up.  However, the release note indicates that the

We had a performance issue with the Ubuntu bug lists that made me
disable the reports for today. I believe Bjorn and Graham will have a
fix for this tomorrow (and Graham must be a bit tired after two 20 hour
days, because he knows about this too!) and if so we can reenable the
report so you can check it out.

> report shows "which bugs would be automatically expired, were it
> enabled".  Is the release note correct?

It's correct, but "enabled" is misleading there -- it refers to the
bug expiration itself being in effect, which we haven't done. Right now
the only thing that enabling the Bug Expiration feature for your project
does is display reports and notices on Incomplete bugs that will expire
-- so it's purely informative for now. We did it this way to make sure
that everybody is clear about what the actual semantics are -- and that
they are acceptable.

The next step, once we've established the criteria is good, is to
actually go ahead and start expiring bugs. But one step at a time.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331