Re: Converting a project from Sourceforge.

On Dec 24, 2007 5:15 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Hey Peter,

I'm an upstream developer for the gEDA project. One of our users, Felipe
Balbi has registered a launchpad project in our name, and I'm a little
concerned that bugs / queries shouldn't get lost here.
Allow me to make a shoot at answering some of your questions.
Others can correct me if I say anything wrong.

(If we started using launchpad, we'd perhaps ask for the project to be
handed over to be owned by a number of the gEDA developers).

We currently use sourceforge, and have separate trackers for bugs,
feature requests patches, with various components setup. (gEDA is a
suite of tools with different applications).

I'd personally quite like to see us use launchpad for bug tracking, but
wonder whether it is possible to import our existing bugs from
sourceforge, and keep similar functionality in terms of tracking bugs,
feature requests and patches for different components. (Ok, so patches
could be submitted to either bugs or feature requests I guess).

Is it possible to import from the sourceforge trackers?
Yes, it is possible.

If so, is it possible to keep the same bug numbers?
No, it's not possible.

Is it possible to differentiate bugs from feature requests and patches?
Yes, but in a different way then SF.

Also, can someone point me at a guide as to how translations in
launchpad work?
I have no guide, but ...Og Maciel has some nice articles on the subject,
for example: http://www.ogmaciel.com/?p=282

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to  ask.

Some of our users contribute translations. Is it possible for the .pot
files to be imported into Launchpad's translation system for "random"
people to help translate into more languages, or is this not the way it
works?
I would say it's possible ;)

Happy holidays!
Hopefully I helped a bit, and ...