sources from other distributions

Says the ppa quick start guide:
        Using sources from other distributions
        You can use PPA to build sources from other distributions that
        use .deb packages.

        Upload to ~<lp_name>/ubuntu/<suite> and the suite you specify
        will override the suite named in the upload changelog. You can
        upload a source from any Debian-compatible distribution straight
        to your PPA with no changes required.

Does this mean uploading a dsc, orig and diff files? do I have to sign
something? Do I have to be the mantainer of the package or the last name
in the changelog?

I think this part of the documentation should be made more clear...
Thanks.