Re: Hi all!!! Please be careful...

Hi,

On Jan 2, 2008 1:17 PM, Carlos Perelló Marín
<carlos.perello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > obviously it's not the translators' fault. The wrong packages are
> > pulled in from the KDE SVN, it's a launchpad problem. We've had that
> > problem before, it's bug 132228
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/amarok/+bug/132228
>
> Well, that bug report doesn't show exactly a problem in Launchapd
> itself, but a broken translation coming from KDE's packages.
>
> If this issue is the same case, it needs to be fixed in KDE's SVN to
> prevent it to happen again in next update we get from KDE and then, file
> a bug in Launchpad Translations requesting the removal of those
> translations.

That's what we thought, too. So we fixed the translations in Launchpad
and also in KDE's SVN. Only later we realized that the Kurdish
translations are not being imported from KDE's SVN at all! All
translations that appear in Kubuntu are from Launchpad, none from KDE.

I reported this as bug #177957
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-kde-ku-base/+bug/177957
.

This was not a real problem so far, since we had more translations in
Launchpad than in KDE's SVN. But now we use SVN more, and this really
should be fixed to prevent further bugs.

Regards,
Erdal