Re: KDE 4 translation workflow

Hi Martin,

On Jan 2, 2008 9:10 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This largely depends on whether KDE4 will go into main and be
> officially supported in Hardy. Jonathan?
>
> If yes, then we could build separate kde packages in principle (this
> requires changes in d-i and ubiquity, too, though), or we just put
> them into the normal -kde packages. The latter might even make sense
> if it is possible to mix KDE 3 and 4 applications (which I assume
> works).

It works, but they are compiled against different libraries. At the
moment some applications exist in two versions, for instance
"konqueror" and "konqueror-kde4". One is localized, the other isn't.

> If the KDE4 packages stay in universe, we don't have langpack support
> for now.

That would be a pity. Now that everybody heard the message that
Kubuntu 8.04 will ship with KDE 4, it would be very bad to ship
without localization.

Regards,
Erdal