Re: KDE set up for translation into Kurdish, but not synchronized?

Hi Erdal,

Sorry for the late response.

On December 29th, Erdal Ronahi wrote:

> while checking how Launchpad can help us translate KDE4, I realized
> that the Kurdish (ku) translations for KDE3 are not being pulled from
> the KDE SVN. There are Kurdish KDE language packs, but they consist
> entirely of the translations done in Launchpad, nothing is imported
> from SVN.
>
> Could someone have a look at that? I also reported this as Bug #177957
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-kde-ku-base/+bug/177957)

Translations were never pulled from SVN inside 'ubuntu' project.  They
have always been pulled from tarballs, so once a new tarball is made
for language-pack-kde-ku-base from KDE SVN, your translations will be
pulled into Launchpad.

There are multiple reasons for that, the major one being that
sometimes software changes in SVN, and translations need to keep track
of packages installed, not software in SVN.

Cheers,
Danilo