Re: KDE set up for translation into Kurdish, but not synchronized?

Hi Danilo,

On Jan 9, 2008 5:25 PM, Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Erdal,
>
> Sorry for the late response.
>

> > Could someone have a look at that? I also reported this as Bug #177957
> > (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-kde-ku-base/+bug/177957)
>
> Translations were never pulled from SVN inside 'ubuntu' project.  They
> have always been pulled from tarballs, so once a new tarball is made
> for language-pack-kde-ku-base from KDE SVN, your translations will be
> pulled into Launchpad.
>
> There are multiple reasons for that, the major one being that
> sometimes software changes in SVN, and translations need to keep track
> of packages installed, not software in SVN.

Ok, that's logical. However, the situation is not satisfying as it is.
Launchpad produces bugs by importing Korean (ko) and Japanese (ja)
translations into Kurdish (ku), because they are pre- and successors
in the alphabetical order. On the other hand, all the translation work
that we are doing upstream now on KDE 4 (and partially KDE 3) cannot
be reflected in Ubuntu because it is not yet in the tarball (and won't
be until 4.1 at least).

That makes me ask the question again how the KDE 4 translations will
be handled in Launchpad. If there will be translatable templates, we
may import manually our translations from upstream. Are there any
plans for that?

Regards,
Erdal