RE: Translations waiting approval

Jeroen Vermeulen [mailto:jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Envoyé : vendredi 18 janvier 2008 13:33
> À : verdy_p@xxxxxxxxxx
> Cc : 'Malcolm'; launchpad-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Objet : Re: Translations waiting approval
>
> Philippe Verdy wrote:
>
> > No! The starting language may also be any language (including British
> > English). Launchpad can support a separate translation for English when
> > needed.
>
> If needed, yes.  I'll grant you it's not a very "hard" assumption.  What
> I mean is that en_US is a "hidden" language (meaning you can't add it to
> your preferred languages or get suggestions from it) because generally,
> it's the starting language.  It differs from en_GB in that way.

It's not "hidden". You can select it as part of your preferences, and yes,
you can get suggestions from it.

The "Root" is a pseudo-language that is not bound to a particular one, and
true localization to US English is still possible, even from packages
initially thought as being initially in US English (but not really, with
lots of approximations, or using some "international English" form or many
regionalisms, or full of typos.)