Re: PPA size limit of 1024 bytes?

On Jan 21, 2008 8:19 AM, Daniel Elstner <daniel.kitta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently begun to upload packages to the PPA of our Launchpad
> team "openismus-team".  I've been getting size limit warnings since the
> very first upload but ignored them at first, thinking it was just some
> random glitch.  Unfortunately I still see the warning today, which makes
> me worry a bit:
>
>         Upload Warnings:
>         PPA exceeded its size limit (24755183 of 1024 bytes). Contact a
>         Launchpad administrator if you need more space.
>
> Surely we haven't stepped out of line so much that draconian measures of
> this magnitude (or maybe microtude) would be warranted. ;-D

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for this inconvenience, but don't worry about it. It will happen
until we roll the next launchpad codeline (1.2.1) to all our systems.

You've created your PPA using edge.lp.net which assumes our data model
is storing the maximum size in MiB, when in fact it is still in bytes.

Those warnings will shut by the end of this week.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

[]
--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxx>