Re: freemat_3.5-0ubuntu1_source.changes rejected

On 11/01/2008, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've reported this as a bug. <http://launchpad.net/bugs/180143>
>
> In fact the required conditions to become "Ubuntero" to perform some actions
> in Launchpad are discriminatory, because it requires using tools and
> accepting conditions that are not part of every hosted projects.

To become an Ubuntero, as far as I know you just need to sign the code
of conduct, which is very general and technology neutral.  It's true
you need to sign it with GPG - is that what you're refering to? - but
that is widely available on other systems.  You don't need to be using
or developing Ubuntu.

> There's still no easy way to become "Ubuntero", even if we accept the
> conditions, except if you are using some Linux distributions (namely Ubuntu)
> providing the necessary tools. Launchpad is still not technology-neutral and
> still promotes Ubuntu exclusively, excluding also some other free or open
> source projects that don't require it and are clearly designed to be open to
> many other OS'es (including proprietary ones, without more conditions).

Can you be more specific?

--
Martin