Build Farm Question

Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Debian package for OpenLink's Virtuoso Server but I ran into a problem.  The software's make process tries to start the server after it has been compiled in order to build and install certain application packages for it's default database.  This works fine when building locally, but fails when building for my PPA at the point when it tries to connect to the server on port 1111.  I'm guessing that the build farm probably doesn't allow the server process to bind on this port (or any other) for reasons which seemed obvious after I actually thought about it for 2 seconds :D  But since working around this issue is likely to mean some major changes to the packaging of the software, I wondered if somebody would mind first confirming this assumption?

Thanks for your time in advance,
Will