Re: more warning of planned downtime please?

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 18:47 -0500, matt donovan wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2008 12:32 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Tom tells me that a warning that Launchpad is about to be
>         offline is
>         displayed on every page for about 15 minutes before it goes
>         down.  I
>         think a longer warning period, say 24 hours, would be much
>         more
>         appropriate.  Obviously you want the warning to be visible but
>         not too
>         intrusive when the downtime is still a while off.

I think the key here would be that you could turn off the notification
if you wanted. With our current setup, the notice is displayed
continuously with no option to hide it, and it takes up a relatively
large amount of screen real estate. If we are going to show the
notification for longer, we would need a way to make it more discreet
and/or an option to hide it. Something like the "edge" site notification
might be appropriate...

Thanks, Tom