Re: Getting timeout error ID OOPS-756C4447 when trying to report a new Ubuntu bug

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 03:58:49PM -0800, Stanley Sokolow wrote:
> I'm reporting this timeout error to this list as requested by the error
> message.   I was trying to report:
> [Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy alpha daily-builds 24, 25, 26 Jan 2008:  Installation
> to hard drive produces bad grub boot menu.lst file lacking necessary
> boot info -- SHOW-STOPPER FOR ALPHA-4]   Installed Ubuntu from these
> daily builds using manual installation to entire disk after verifying
> the iso downloads and checking live CDs.   The installed system won't
> boot beyond the grub> prompt.  Closer examination of the installed
> system shows that the boot menu used by grub lacks the title, root, and
> kernel lines.   This should be fixed by alpha-4 or the alpha will not be
> useful for testing of the installed system.
>
> When I shortened the bug description to: [Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy alpha
> daily-build:  Installation to hard drive produces bad grub boot menu.lst
> file lacking necessary boot info -- SHOW-STOPPER FOR ALPHA-4], the bug
> reporter proceeded as usual.
>
> Apparently the bug reporter chokes on long description strings.

Thanks for reporting this. Whilst this isn't related to the length of
the bug description - so please feel free to be verbose :) - it is
obviously an issue that needs to be resolved. We're looking into this
and will hopefully resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks,

--
Graham