Re: Incorrect untranslated counts?

Hi John,

Today at 10:54, John Hatton wrote:

> For our Thai translation at
> https://translations.launchpad.net/wesay/, the overview says that
> there are 32 strings untranslated.  Yet if you click on that 32, the
> resulting page shows that there are no untranslated strings.  I have
> also verified that the po file which rosetta delivers is not lacking
> any strings.  The same thing is happening to French.

This actually happens because of some confusing terminology and
behaviour we have in place.  So, our 'untranslated' filter and
statistics counter are slightly incompatible, in that one counts
'fuzzy' messages as untranslated, and the other doesn't.

And to make matters more confusing, we are calling them 'needs
review', when a column on the overview page titled 'need review'
points to messages 'with new suggestions'.

So, some of those untranslated are actually listed as part of fuzzy
messages (choose 'needs review' filter on the +translate page, after
you've clicked on the untranslated link).

Basically, fixing these means fixing translations and unchecking the
'This should be reviewed' checkbox.

One plan to fix the confusion is up at:

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/rosetta/+spec/hide-fuzzy-translations

> Is there any way I (as the project owner) I can fix this?  Having
> inaccurate counts is causing real headaches for us.

So, they are not actually wrong, but the filters are slightly
incompatible.

Cheers,
Danilo