add a user to an ubuntu system via launchpad ssh keys

Quite often, I've discovered that I want to add someone to my system who already has an account on launchpad so they can log in and attach to my 'screen' session; however, I will inevitably screw up typing in the finger information, setting permissions on their .ssh directory, assigning them a bogus password, etc. Here's a simple Python script that will add a user to your system with the same username as on Launchpad, and their SSH keys already set up so they can log in, but no password.

Usage: sudo python launchpadduser.py glyph

You're expected to run this as root, so of course I am obligated to say that if you use this script you may die instantly from spontaneous combustion. I've only even attempted to use it on Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy), it will probably not work on anything else.

Enjoy!