Re: E-mail addresses going public when translating

Gudmund Areskoug wrote:

From off-list exchange about this problem, I understand there is little
workable communication between Launchpad, Rosetta and e. g. Schooltool,
that I happen to have contributed to.

Judging from ongoing discussions in e. g. the gnome-i18n list, this is
no small problem.

Quoting one message there:
"The real problem here is simple. Launchpad keeps its users helpless.
They have to depend on the mercy of the developers. If only the users
had the ability to scratch their itch, it would have long gone."

Surely, this doesn't have to be this way. Leaving things the way they
are would be to squander the good potential in Launchpad.

You are right, of course. Part of the problem is that we must divide our limited time between development and operation of the application. We are working on addressing that by separating the roles more, as well as automating more of the time-consuming work.

Jeroen