Re: Timeout on edge

Matthew Revell wrote:

Yeah, we've had a few queries over the past few weeks, although
they've tailed off this week.

Jeroen is there anything concrete we could put in a LP News post about
a fix for translations timeouts? I know I've asked you something
similar a couple of weeks ago in the team meeting, but maybe things
have moved on since that.

I don't have a fix for you today, unfortunately. We have someone looking at a new angle, but if that pays off, it's not going to do so for at least another month. You may want to ask stub about some new hardware we're getting, though.

Some people have asked about an offline translation tool. Of course you can download your translations, edit them on your local machine (using a translation editor like POEdit or gTranslator, or a regular text editor) and then re-upload them to Launchpad. That way you don't get suggestions from our database, but it does avoid any timeouts.

Jeroen