Re: [Fwd: [Build #516738] i386 build of bzr 1.2-1~bazaar1~hardy1 in ubuntu hardy RELEASE (bzr PPA)]

On 15/02/2008, Alexander Belchenko <bialix@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I'd like to understand why I'm periodically receive this spam.
> Does I did something wrong? How can I disable this?

Hi,

You get these when I make an upload to the Bazaar Ubuntu archive, and
it either succeeds or as in this case fails.

The archive is owned by the ~bzr team in Launchpad.  I had assumed
these mails were sent only to the person who made the upload, but
apparently they are sent to the whole team.  I can see how this is
useful when the whole team is interested in uploads but it is a bit
spammy when, as here, only some people are interested.

In retrospect I should have made a separate team just for packaging,
but I had not realized quite how tightly bound PPAs were to the team.

So now I guess the options are: -

1- keep the PPA where it is, have you filter out these mails, and file
a bug report asking for a way to opt out of PPA mail

2- make a new team, and move our packages to there.  I would be happy
to do this to avoid trouble for you, except that it means we'll need
to change our Ubuntu package location again, which would be
unfortunate.

I would rather do the first on the whole unless it's unacceptable to
Alexander or another developer, or unless someone else has a better
idea.