Re: python-django_0.97+svn7116-1_all.changes rejected

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:01:11AM -0300, Celso Providelo wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008 9:33 AM, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > This question was already replied, twice (and this one is a re-post).
> > >
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/launchpad-users/2008-February/003186.html
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/launchpad-users/2008-February/003197.html
> > >
> > > IMHO, the message was clear enough,
> >
> > You mean "binaryfull package/mixed upload"?
>
> Yes, note the /enough/. Instead, it could certainly say:
>
> """
> Upload rejected because it contains binary packages: <xxx>.deb
> Ensure you are using `debuild -S` command, or similar, to generate
> only the source package before re-uploading. See
> https://help.launchpad.net/PPAQuickStart/ for more information.
> """
>
> My point was that, even with a confusing message, the user had
> realized what was the problem, however he failed to recognize the
> uploaded '.deb' as the "binaryfull" culprit.

And my point is that fixing the message is very easy and should be done
this week, before we release 1.2.2. You can even bribe somebody from
another team to fix it for you :-)
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125