Re: Requiring full name to join ~launchpad-beta-testers (was: Re: [Fwd: hggdh2 deactivated by matthew.revell])

It was a requirement when I signed up.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We require that all members of the team use their full real name as
> their Launchpad Display Name  - e.g. Johnny Ball.

Is this really a requirement? At least I don't think it was when I applied for
membership (the only requirement was to not publish screenshots of Launchpad
beta, as at that time beta had the new theme, and to be subscribed to
launchpad-uses IIRC).

Anyway, if this is a requirement now, it should be documented at
https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-beta-testers

And could someone please explain why is this needed? I can't really understand
why, as someone will just write a false name, and that's IMHO worse than having
a nick.

Emilio

Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169