Re: [Fwd: hggdh2 deactivated by matthew.revell]

Efrain wrote:
> hey,
>
> I would definetely have a problem colaborating with someone who remains
> anonimous. but that's just me.

When I started contributing to Ubuntu, I was just 'pochu', and AFAIK there were
no references to my real name on the internet. Would you have had troubles
collaborating with me just because I was pochu? I don't think you should, since
I can do and I would do the same good/bad work, and have the same attitude
either being more or less identified. Not working with people because they don't
have their full name is IMHO a "great" way of losing contributors.

> you are free to do as you wish... but I am also free to not trust you...
>
> cheers

Will you trust someone just because he has a real name in his gecos on irc or in
his email address? Personally I won't. I will trust him if he deserves it for
what he has done/demonstrated with his work, and not just because he showing me
a /real/ name (where real is arguable).

I think "forcing" people to show their real name is discouraging, and unless
there is a major reason for this (which there may be and that's why I asked
whether there is) this shouldn't be done. We don't require it for triaging bugs,
for making translations, for joining ubuntu channels on IRC... so that's why I'm
disappointed with this.

Best,
Emilio