Re: "MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive" but I have no file in my archive!

The dsc file is diff'd against the old package.  If you had just left it in there and uploaded your new one with a higher version number it would've worked fine and the new one would effectively replace it.  If someone went to install, they'd always get the newest one.