Re: Tags & who is authorized to issue new tags?

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 08:50:47PM +0000, Bruce Cowan wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 23:49 +0530, shirish wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >  Please discard the other queries except the help which I think is
> > most important. Was able to tag the bug which I wanted :) Of course
> > the right or wrong way is something that other people need to define.
> > :)
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/198837
>
> I remember some discussion of how these freeform tags are rather useless
> as most tags are used only once, and it appears their only purpose is to
> waste space in the list.

It seems that this discussion is about bug tags for the Ubuntu
distribution.  If that is the case you might be interested to know that
we have created a list of bug tags and a description of when to use them
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Tags.  I think bug tags provide value
for grouping bugs across packages and breaking a package's bugs into
smaller subsets.

--
Brian Murray