Re: un-announced changes to LP ?

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 10:54:56 Gavin Panella wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> A few of us have looked into this, but we can't find the change that
> might have caused it. To be honest, we're unsure of what exactly
> you're seeing. Please can you elaborate a bit? Perhaps paste some
> examples of the messages before and after?
>
> Thanks, Gavin.

I've attached a LP bug email report I received a few minutes.
Have a look below:

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net

--- Begin Message ---
please test the branch above. instructions on how to get it to your disc
can be found at the branch url given

to build you can just run

 $ debuild -b

out of the branch directory. use dpkg -i to install the packages for
testing.

If you still cannot connect to hidden SSID, please attach your complete
/var/log/syslog to the bug and state clearly if you could connect to
hidden networks in gutsy.

--
can't connect to hidden network
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/50214

Status in NetworkManager: Fix Released
Status in Source Package "network-manager" in Ubuntu: Confirmed
Status in Source Package "knetworkmanager" in Baltix GNU/Linux: Invalid

Bug description:
Since I installed dapper clean from CD, NM won't connect to my own hidden network., however it did before. The network was even in the list after a few seconds, the new feature of reverse mac scanning in 0.6.2.

Now even if I use "connect to other network" and I enter everything in there, the connection won't be a success. Not hiding the SSID solves the problem immediately, just as manually connecting to the AP with iwconfig eth1 essid <mine> ...