Re: un-announced changes to LP ?

Hi Fernando,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:34:32AM +0000, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> can't connect to hidden network
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/50214
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in NetworkManager: Fix Released
> Status in Source Package "network-manager" in Ubuntu: Confirmed
> Status in Source Package "knetworkmanager" in Baltix GNU/Linux: Invalid
>
> Bug description:
> Since I installed dapper clean from CD, NM won't connect to my own hidden network., however it did before. The network was even in the list after a few seconds, the new feature of reverse mac scanning in 0.6.2.
>
> Now even if I use "connect to other network" and I enter everything in there, the connection won't be a success. Not hiding the SSID solves the problem immediately, just as manually connecting to the AP with iwconfig eth1 essid <mine> ...

This is the result of the changes made to fix bug #158668: "It should be
possible to have the bug description in bug notifications." The upshot
of this is that if you have the "Include bug descriptions when sending
me bug notifications" option set you will receive the description and
statuses of a bug with each message you receive about that bug.

You can alter these settings by going to
https://launchpad.net/~bugabundo/+edit and unchecking the "Include bug
descriptions when sending me bug notifications" checkbox.

Cheers,

--
Graham