Performance problems today with Launchpad

Hi,

Rinchen asked me to send a message to the list with some details about
problems I've been asking questions about in #launchpad.  Today at
17:20 PST (-7) I tried to access the +editstatus for bug #207904.  I
changed the status from 'In Progress' to 'Fix Committed' and included
a commit message with content like:

Merged to <branch> r<revno> [r=<reviewer1>,<reviewer2>].

I waited for about three minutes until I got a static error page with
a large heading reading, 'Please try again', followed by text reading,
'Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the Launchpad server.'  I
was expecting an OOPS.  Anyway, I waited a few minutes (don't have an
exact timestamp, sorry) and tried again.  The page request was handled
very quickly and the bug state was updated.

I've noticed that LP has been flipping between being quick and
responsive and slow and unusable for the last few hours.  It's usually
one or the other. :)

Thanks,
J.