Re: Fwd: Submit Request Failure

Tom Berger wrote:
> We don't currently send any confirmation email (though, of course, if
> the bug was filed correctly you should receive a [NEW] email anyway,
> and if there was an error you should receive an error report). Go
> ahead and file a bug. I somehow doubt many users would be interested
> in an extra email, though, which is why I suggested that if such a
> feature is every implemented, it should probably come with a way to
> turn it off.

Or rather there should be an option to turn it on (and should be off by
default). I don't want extra mails, and I don't think, as you said, there will
be many people who wants them.

But if you are supposed to receive a [NEW] message as when you file the bug
report from the web interface, isn't that enough confirmation everything went
fine? It looks to me like receiving both the NEW bug report and a confirmation
is superfluous.

BTW I filed a bug by mail yesterday (bug 209874) and I didn't get a NEW message
for it. I'm not sure whether I like the idea of receiving it or not though...

Emilio