Re: Permissions for changing status of a ticket?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 06:28:16AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 15. April 2008 17:39:26 -0300 Christian Robottom Reis
> <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 08:25:37AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> last night,  roughly 20 tickets of  the Zope 2 tracker were marked as
>>> Invalid by a person (never heard its name) which is no part of the Zope
>>> 2  developers group on LP.
>>
>> It's an unfortunate consequence of hosting bugs openly. In Launchpad we
>> try to strike the right balance between making it easy for people to use
>> and modify bugs and keeping the crackpots out, and in this case, it
>> seems like the crackpot won. Can you tell me privately what user it was
>> so I can contact him and follow up? Usually just following up with the
>> end-user resolves the issue.
>
> I don't see why hosting bugs openly conflicts with the requirement exposing
> the option to change the workflow state only to the core team as part of
> bugtracker specfic configuration.

It doesn't, but it's the slippery slope of options that change project
semantics, and the confusing UI and harder-to-test codebase that comes
with them. I'm not saying we won't do it, just giving rationale as to
why the option is not there today.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125