Re: .dtd/.properties translation

nazo wrote:

I use Rosetta for my project which is Firefox Extension. I upload to convert .dtd/.properties to .po/.pot by dropping items that has same en-US value by my script now.

I want to use translation system that is used by ubuntu's firefox. Where is documentation?

It's not really ready for general use yet: we export to PO, not to native XPI yet, so we run into the same problems. Re-importing the exported PO files is also a problem because they use the English strings as msgids, not the XPI message keys. Having multiple identical message keys in the same XPI file is also still a problem.

So mostly it's "just like gettext with some features missing." If you want to try and give us feedback, we can talk. Just don't expect something consumer-ready at this point!

Jeroen