Re: Rosetta - New feature request

You can always download the po file, search, replace/fix, and upload again.

It's a bit of resource-waste on the launchpad side, but it optimizes your time.

regards

On 4/19/08, Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ciao!

Il giorno ven, 18/04/2008 alle 17.00 +0200, luca livraghi ha scritto:

> Hi, I'm a Launchpad user who is waiting for the approval for the
> launchpad beta team. However, I want to talk about a new feature
> request for Rosetta. Sometimes, when I use some applications
> translated with Launchpad, I notice some bad translations. If I want
> to fix them, I have to go to the page of the project and start looking
> for the mistake in the long translations list. Sometimes I waste a lot
> of time only to change a letter.

You can also contact the translation team in charge of the transltions,
if there's one. Probably they know where the string is and can resolve
the issue faster.

> So, why don't we implement something like a search box for bad
> translations? If I want to fix the bad translation, I write in that
> box the entire sentence and Launchpad provides to find the translation
> line, in order to fix it. Is this possible to implement?

It's going to happen, but it will take some time.

Somebody more involved in the development will sure give you a better
ansewr than mine, but at least you can keep track of this here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/44/

Bye!

--
Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande@xxxxxxxx>